- FRUIT & VEGETABLES –If it falls from a tree, then it’s safe to say it’s a good option. The idea is to try and eat foods that have not been altered by humans in any way. Try and buy local from the nearest farmer’s market, this way you are guaranteed quality produce, along with supporting your local farmers!
- LEAN MEATS –Meat is not our enemy. Lean meats are a fantastic source of protein, which creates lean muscle and keeps you feeling fuller for longer – BONUS! When buying meat, stick to lean, quality meats from your local butcher.
- GRAINS –Think ‘whole’ grains. Things like brown rice, quinoa, rye breads and oatmeal are all good options. Steer clear of ‘white’ breads, pasta and rice – brown is best!
- FEWER PACKAGED FOODS –Just because it claims to be healthy, doesn’t mean it’s a good choice. Many packaged foods are a company’s advertisement, attempting to lure shoppers into buying their product. You will find that there are many hidden nasties in foods found in the supermarket that can negatively impact your health.
- H20 IS THE WAY TO GO –Keep yourself hydrated all day long, and the best way to do that is good old fashioned water! Most drinks found in the supermarket are full of sugar, even some orange juice! The best option is to juice your own at home, so much better for you!